Dr. S. Geethalakshmi, M.D.,Ph.D.,
1. NAME : Dr.S.GEETHALAKSHMI, M.D.,Ph.D.,
2. PRESENT POSITION : VICE-CHANCELLOR
THE TAMIL NADU Dr. MGR MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
3. DATE OF BIRTH : 04.01.1958
4. ADDRESS : “Ceebros Shyamala Garden”
Block-1, 3J, No.136, Arcot Road
Chennai – 600 092.
Mobile: 98403 16050
5. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
M.B.B.S. - Stanley Medical College - 1974 – 1979 – Madras University
M.D.(Microbiology) - Madras Medical College - 1985– Madras University
Ph.D., (Basic Science) - on Allergic Broncho Pulmonary Aspergillosis -
2007 The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University
6. POSTS HELD:
Assistant Professor of Microbiology - Madras Medical College
Professor of Microbiology - Madras Medical College
Stanley Medical College
Kilpauk Medical College
Dean - Government Thiruvannamalai Medical College
Kilpauk Medical College
Stanley Medical College.
Director of Medical Education from 31-1-2014 to 28-12-2015.
FELLOWSHIPS/MEMERSHIPS OF SCIENTIFIC BODIES:
1. Fellow of Indian Academy of Tropical Parasitology
2. Joint Secretary, Society for Indian Human and Animal Mycology
3. Life Member – Indian Association of Medical Microbiologist.
4. Life Member – Indian Academy of Clinical Microbiologist
5. Member – M.Sc. Basic Clinical Science Board, Pudhucherry University
6. Scientific Member, Selection Committee, Tamil Nadu Public Service
7. Member – Selection Committee – JIPMER, Pudhucherry, India.
8. Governing Council Member – India CLEN, India
9. Member and Treasurer – India CLEN, India
10. Member – Board of Study – Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences,
11. Member – Board of Study – Microbiology – Pudhucherry University,
12. Member – Board of Studies – JIPMER, Pudhucherry.
13. Member – Board of Studies – Microbiology, University of Madras, Chennai
14. Member – Board of Studies – Microbiology, Rajiv Gandhi University of
Health Sciences, Karnataka.
15. Member – Curriculum Development of Second MBBS – Medical Council
16. MCI Assessor for M.B.B.S. and M.D. (Microbiology)
17. Chairman – Screening Committee, Anna University, Chennai.
18. Chairman – Organ Transplantation, Authorization Committee.
19. Member – Medical Recruitment Board (MRB)
20. Member – Directorate of Public Library, Chennai
21. Organizing Secretary - 9th National Conference of Indian Academy of
22. Member – Research Committee – JIPMER, Pudhucherry.
23. Member – PG Board and Examination Committee, JIPMER, Pudhucherry.
1. Awarded “BEST TEACHER AWARD 2011 and 2014” by the Tamil Nadu
Dr. M.G.R Medical University and Tamil Nadu Medical Council .
2. Best Administrator Award 2012” by the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical
University, Guindy, Chennai – 600 032 and Lions Club.
3. “Best Administrator Award” by Blood Bank Association of India, 2012
4. Awarded “Contributional Work” by the Institute of Microbiology,
Madras Medical College – 2012.
5. Certificate of Merit for the year 2011 for Meritorious Service –
Government Kilpauk Medical College, Chennai – 600 010.
6. ECMM travel awardees IX National Conference of SIHAM, Siliguri, India,
10-12 February 2012 - April 20, 2012 - 15:27 — congress care.
7. Got “Best Medical Colleges of South” during the Tenure at Madras
Medical College as Vice Principal and as Dean at Stanley Medical
College in India Today and Outlook Magazine – 2009 and 2013.
8. Honoured by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for effective
management of rescue operations of Mugalivakkam building collapse.
9. Award of Appreciation for the cooperation and rendering Timely help in
108 services by Indian Red Cross Society, Tamil Nadu Branch.
10. Life Time Achievement award conferred by The Organizing of the
Conference - ARISE 2015 & I.A.M.M. ( Indian Association of Medical
Microbiology) at S.R.M. Medical College & Hospital.
RESEARCH PAPER PUBLICATIONS:
Total number of Research papers published are - 16 (National &
Total no of guest lectures given are - 3